Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

My 2006 Doral Boca Grande battery charger breaker won't go

Customer Question

My 2006 Doral Boca Grande battery charger breaker won't go on as it trips immediately. The bow thruster charger and all other breakers work when connected to shore power or on the generator. Anyone know where and how do I start to solve this problem please? Thanks.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

This is usually a failure of the component that the breaker powers. To eliminate the charger as the problem remove the power supply wire at the charger then flip breaker. Make sure the power wire black isn't touching anything when you turn on the breaker. If breaker doesn't trip check the voltage on the black power wire. Do you have voltage?

Post the make and model of the charger and I can get info to help with diagnosis.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks Tan. Will look into it. May be back to you. Cheers.
Expert:  Tan replied 3 months ago.

Ok I'm around 8-5 PST