Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,

Burns Craft 41, 25K#, TAMD60Bs, 1900hrs. Good running. Port

Customer Question

Burns Craft 41, 25K#, TAMD60Bs, 1900hrs. Good running. Port engine is showing more white "smoke" at high rpm. At 2500 rpm smoke or steam is billowing out. Cut rpm to 1500 and its gone. Had an impeller break up and got most of the pieces out. Could pieces be impeding the water flow at high rpm? Where would I look downstream from impeller? Thanks, Steve
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 month ago.

Hello Steve,

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

When an impeller comes apart the pieces all go downstream and clog things such as exchanger, t-stat, and so on, when these pieces get stuck they will cause restrictions that often go unnoticed until higher rpms are reached. The other thing that should be checked is the exhaust including the manifold. If the engine is fresh cooled and not raw water cooled then check the cooling system level, also check the pencil zinc in the exchanger as they often break apart unknowing to the customer and clog the system as well.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.