Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.

New fuel line from tank to motor. new primer bulb. rebuilt

Customer Question

new fuel line from tank to motor. new primer bulb. rebuilt pulse pump. Installed micro electric fuel pump. only happens when it 70degrees or hotter. like vapor lock. Use to squeeze bulb to get going after it dies. now the bulb gets firm but it won't even fire. Last time out had to wait 2 hours for it to start.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Charles replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Expert:  Charles replied 1 month ago.

If your engine is getting hot or right at the border line, that can cause this sort of issue when the engine is shut off. There is a heat soak period on the engine where the block casts off all of its heat into the cowling. One thing that you can try is to allow the engine to idle for a few minutes before shutting it off to try and get the temp down, or remove the engine cowling when you shut it down. If neither of these help, you would need to look at the pulse pump on the engine and also do a compression test to ensure that the block is not damaged.