Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I was cleaning the female DC receptor on the dash. Suddenly

Customer Question

I was cleaning the female DC receptor on the dash. Suddenly radio stopped. Radio is new. engine was idling. So I turned engine off. Engine never cranked again. Radio is dead. Engine lift motor is dead. bilge pump works. but major electral loads are dead
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: I installed a new AGM battery. Engine started up fine several times. After the radio went dead, I noticed a fuse connector has come loose on a small wire that connects to the positive side of the battery. I reconnected it. The fuse was not blown. I think it came apart when the new battery was installed.
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Charles replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Expert:  Charles replied 3 months ago.

What is the model of the boat and the engine?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Charles,Thnak you for your offer but I replaced the 20 AMP fuse with the spare and resolved this issue. Apparently, while cleaning the DC power plug on my dash, I managed to create a short that blew the 20 AMP fuse.
Expert:  Charles replied 3 months ago.

That would do it. Is there anything else that I can assist you with?