Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I recently had my Mercury 90 hp optimal serviced due to

Customer Question

I recently had my Mercury 90 hp optimal serviced due to getting 3 beeps and shutting down. $1,175 later, fuel pump, pick ups, impellers, all replaced, I finally had a chance to get it off the trailer and run it for the first time. It ran great for about 15-20 minutes, 3-4 times, and then abruptly shuts off. My boat is a 2006 model, with low hours on it. Save my sanity please?
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I recently had my Mercury 90 hp optimax. serviced due to getting 3 beeps and shutting down. $1,175 later, fuel pump, pick ups, impellers, all replaced, I finally had a chance to get it off the trailer and run it for the first time. It ran great for about 15-20 minutes, 3-4 times, and then abruptly shuts off. My boat is a 2006 model, with low hours on it. Save my sanity please?
Expert:  Charles replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Expert:  Charles replied 4 months ago.

Getting a beeping alarm is a sensor out of range, low oil in the tank, or water in the fuel. Make sure that the oil tank on the engine is full. Drain the front side of the VST into a glass jar. Allow it to settle and see if there is any water in it. The water will be on the bottom. Also make sure that you are still getting a charge to the battery when the engine is running.