Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

We have a 2010 180 Verison. This a.m. We were cruising the

Customer Question

We have a 2010 180 Verison. This a.m. We were cruising the lake at a slow pace. I decided to flore it for about 5 minutes. When we started to head for the docks, throttled downin for a normal way and after we were crawling the motor stalled. After a few attempts to restart we had no success. Could the timing be a problem, or the carb. Is the problem?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.

Hi Don, my name is Jason.

The engine needs 3 things to run, compression, timed spark ignition, and fuel. If it's missing one of the 3 it doesn't run. Have you done any checking on your own yet, such as checking compression, spark output, or seeing if it will run on starting fluid?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I did put 5gallons of 93 Oct. in. Let it set 2 hours and tried again with same results, ran a bit then stalled
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.

What is the make and then either model number or serial number on the engine?

Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.

Hi Don. Did you ever get that model/serial number information that I requested?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We needed a carb rebuild , tune up , and a new distributor
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.

Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Thanks for the update, I do like to hear he outcomes.

If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen, you might have to scroll up if you do not see it. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you

Jason