Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I have a 2003 crownline 210 BR. couple days ago it started

Customer Question

I have a 2003 crownline 210 BR. couple days ago it started taking on water. plug was in. We got it out of the water and discovered a hole in the bottom of the hull underneath the engine. It's about 2 inches in diameter. Something was obviously there in that hole and came out. There seems to be some old glue or epoxy around the edge of the hole. Can you direct me on what this is and how to fix it?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Expert:  Charles replied 3 months ago.

What you have done is lost part of a thru-hull fitting. Looking under the engine, you should see a hose that is now disconnected and it will have a portion of the fitting still mounted into it. The hose side will be either 3/4" or 1 1/8" in diameter. Locate this hose and then you will need to go to a marine store and purchase a new fitting. Install it into the hull using marine grade silicone to seal it. Install the hose onto it and you are back in the water.