Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

Engine gives an alarm and goes into guardian mode after

Customer Question

Engine gives an alarm and goes into guardian mode after about 10 minutes of running. Have verified that the manifold is only 120 degrees or so. Does not appear to be an overheat issue. Have replaced both the thermostat and the pressure control valve.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

Does the boat have Suzuki gauges in it, and is the check engine light flashing a pattern?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It has a suzuki tachometer. I did not see anything flashing on the tach but I may need to check again.
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Okay let me know if the check engine light is flashing a pattern or not. If it's actually going into protection mode it should be.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK, no check engine light coming on. I let the engine warm up a few minutes, then put it in gear up to about 2500 rpms. After about a minute a single beep alarm goes off and the guardian mode kicks in and limits it to 3000 rpm. I can pull back to neutral, then go back in gear and run the rpms up past 3000, but will then get the alarm and rev limiting again.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 month ago.

There should be a check engine light going off. Because it's not you will have to take this in to the dealer to have it hooked up to the scan tool. I won't be able to help you on this one. Sorry about that, and good luck.