Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.

We put a new battery in our lowe stryker boat and the

Customer Question

We put a new battery in our lowe stryker boat and the ancillary equipment is not working
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: None of the extra equipment will work, no accessories
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: No
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

Are you sure you reconnected all the wires on thw battery correctly. You should have the fat cables that go to the engine then another set of wires #10 gauge red and black that supply power to all the accessories. Check that they are connected. If connected check the red wire for an inline fuse check the fuse.

If all is good post back and we will have to do some voltage tests with a volt meter.

Post back with findings and questions.

Thank you.Tan