Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.

Do you know about waverers? waverunnners, I took out my

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: do you know about waverers? waverunnners
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: I took out my yamaha 1800 ho waverer out but did not notice that the oil filter was so corroded that when in use the waverer lost all its oil. I changed the filter and put in new oil and now it won’t start. Do u think the engine is blown?
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: when I try to turn it on it just clicks once
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Remove the spark plugs. Inspect the tips to make sure that all are tan, and they do not show any signs of metal on them. Try to turn the engine over with the starter. If it still will not go, remove the guard from the coupling between the engine and the jet. Use a strap wrench to try and rotate the engine. If it is not east to turn or you feel some grinding, the engine will need to come out to be overhauled.