Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Volvo penta 4.3 no spark or fuel, Had burning smell from

Customer Question

Volvo penta 4.3 no spark or fuel
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Had burning smell from engine, no smoke ? Coil, boat ceased to start, , replaced coil and module, still no spark
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: Having 12v supply from purple wire to coil , having 12v from both wires from coil to module , shouldone of these be negative supply
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

What is the model number on the engine?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Adrian , model is volvo penta 4.3 gl 2001 with carb
Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

Hi Adrian,

GL is a family of engines, not a model number. There will be 1 or more letters after the GL designating the full model number on the engine. Can you have a look for that and let me know what it is.