Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

I have a 2006 22ft 228 GXI Larson in/out board 5.0 fuel

Customer Question

I have a 2006 22ft 228 GXI Larson in/out board 5.0 fuel injection engine. I have lost a significant amount of torque and my boat takes at least 4 times longer to plane especially when I am pulling someone on a tub with a few other people in the boat. I have changed the fuel a few times with premium gas. Added SeaFoam and other gas treatment. Top end speed is not as good but ok. Torque and planning time is poor. What are some other things I can do?
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: I have put it in the shop "Dry Dock Marina" in Yakima Wa 3xs for a little missing problems at low speed 15-25 mph and torque problems. i
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

What is the history on the engine, have you ever personally seen it make full power?

Expert:  Jason replied 1 month ago.

Are you still with me?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
just recently I started to have this problem
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are you there!
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
what am I suppose to do at this point. I have been waiting for an answer to my relatively specific question.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello! Hello!!!
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
approx. 11:45 am I indicated that I had a short period of time to converse but would be available to talk at 2pm pacific time. I am sill waiting for Jason or one of your other experts to contact me.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 month ago.

You asked you question at 2.56 PM EST, I first responded at 2.57PM, I then responded again at 3.06 PM because I didn't hear anything from you. I did not get a reply from you until 5.09 PM EST.

What is the service history on the engine, when did the engine last get a full and complete tune up?