Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.

Have a seadoo rap. smoke is coming out the back end and the

Customer Question

have a seadoo rap. smoke is coming out the back end and the engine doesn't sound the same. It will not accelerate. I believe something got sucked in
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: thanks
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: just white smoke, not accelerating and possibly sucked up something into the seadoo waverunner
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

do a compression and spark out put test on the engine. Make sure that the compression on all cylinders is with in 15% of each ither and that the spark can jump a gap of 7/16". If the compression is off, the head of the engine will need to be removed and the cylinders inspected.