Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

2005 175 saltwater di evinrude; chasing idle issue over past

Customer Question

2005 175 saltwater di evinrude; chasing idle issue over past 2 years; seems resolved then returns _ fuel bulb will not fill with fuel; runs great above idle _ new twist this week_ voltage high 18v+
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Expert:  Charles replied 3 months ago.

With the fuel bulb not filling, I would look at the tank pick up as the cause. Remove it and inspect the tube on it. If it can be twisted while holding the metal, elbow, replace the pick up. if it is good, inspect the hoses to make sure that they are not coming apart internally.

On the voltage, test it at the engine with a multimeter. If it is high, the regulator has failed.