Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Replacing the trim hose from the pump to the manifold.. it

Customer Question

replacing the trim hose from the pump to the manifold.. it got disconnected at the maniflod
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: its a Volvo penta dp, sterndrive
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: 2003
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
well no disconnected.. the actual hi pressure connector broke. I have a new hose to replace it. but I have no idea how to attack this one,, from the inside there is practically no space to disconnect the fitting and it looks like if I will have to modify a tool to attempt it ,, from the outside does not look easy neither...I need steps to replace this hose ... thanks.
Expert:  Jason replied 8 months ago.

Good morning, my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

What is the full model number on your outdrive?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
phone no charged sorry... this is what I can read in the transom shield plate inside..
SX-MHP(###) ###-####(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
http://forums.iboats.com/forum/engine-repair-and-maintenance/volvo-penta-i-o-inboard-gas-engines-outdrives/656846-sx-mhp-steering-arm-removal-stuck-need-helpif you go to this site,, the figure that appears in there that is my drive, and the manifold is parts (16). the hose to be replaced is connected to the inside. one of the two hoses that goes from the pump to this manifold.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello...anyone there ???
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
3 days ,, no answer... please refund my money ....