Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.

I have a little play in the power steering actuator, is that

Customer Question

I have a little play in the power steering actuator, is that normal. 2012 Mercruiser 5.0 MPI Maybe 1/16 to 1/8", causing a rattle from the small clevis pin end.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: The power steering actuator rattles, coming from the end with the small clevis pin. Has just enough play to clink against the housing of the outdrive. Very annoying sound
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: no, I don't think so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

Yes it's normal to have a little bit of play there. If you pull the clevis pin out and give it a good glob of grease that will get rid of the rattle sound.

Did you have any further questions on the issue or was that your primary concern?