Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

When we first put the boat on the water it ran within a

Customer Question

When we first put the boat on the water it ran within a matter of 5 minutes maybe we were putting around in the no wake zone and the motor died when it restarted the one time that it restarted the overheat alarm came on and refuse to start after that any suggestions what my problem could be
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is tan.

The over heat alarm is obvious over heat. This will be water pump failure or thermostats.

As for the engine not starting that could be many things. We must start with a spark and conmpression test. The compression must be 100 + psi with no more than 10% difference between cylinders. Then the spark must jump a 7/16" gap on a spark gap tester.

You could have loss of compression in more than one cylinder, fuel starvation or no spark.

Can you do these checks and post back with findings?