Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,

I have a 1998 Seadoo SPX it has been setting for a couple of

Customer Question

I have a 1998 Seadoo SPX it has been setting for a couple of years. When I put the lanyard on I get two beeps push start button and nothing. I jumped the selonoid and the starter turns the motor over. Any suggestions???
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

At the starter solenoid check the small ignition start signal wire with a voltmeter to see if during cranking it receives 12+ volts if it does and jumping it turns the starter this means you have crank signal and ground and that leaves the solenoid as bad. If it does not receive voltage when trying to start then check your start/stop switch as follows:

Engine start/stop switch verification;
Disconnect the Yellow/Red wire of the start/stop switch. Using an ohmmeter, connect test probes to the Yellow/Red wire and to ground. Measure resistance, it must be an open circuit (switch is normally open). Depress and hold switch, the ohmmeter should read close to “0” ohm.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.