Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.

We are in process of purchasing a 2001 Grady White Express

Customer Question

We are in process of purchasing a 2001 Grady White Express with twin Yamaha F250XCA engines installed in 2011. The year data plate shows 07/2010. Are there any issues with this engine's dry exhaust as there was with the Yamaha 225HP ? Any other issues issues with this vintage/HP Yamaha?
Thanks, George
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Hi George, my name is Jason.

The exhaust issue was corrected in late 2004, 2005 on up engines do not have that problem. Other than that, no, there are no issue or recalls on these engines They will last a long long time as long as you keep up on the oil changes, impeller changes, and zinc changes.

I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you