Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.

I just purchased a 2003 mercury 225 HP motor and it is on

Customer Question

I just purchased a 2003 mercury 225 HP motor and it is on 2005 Lund Pro V Magnum SE IPS tournament series boat.. What would be the best Prop. for it.. Fishing , sking, and etc.
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Want to know the Best Propeller.. 3 or 4 or 5 blade Stainless and what Pitch and etc... Thanks
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: No, I have the Mercury OptiMax 225 Saltwater motor on the boat I gave you the information on above. Just want the best Propeller for the package.. Thanks
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

How long is your boat?

Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

I found the length. According to the Mercury prop calculator, a Vengence prop with dimensions of 14x19 would be the best prop for your rig. You will get good overall top speed and have good grip on the water.

Is there anything else that I may assist you with?