Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

How do you get the oil light alarm to stop flashing and

Customer Question

How do you get the oil light alarm to stop flashing and sounding when the oil level has been filled ?
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.

Hi Bill, ,good morning my name is Jason.

What is the oil light and alarm doing exactly?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Flashing.& beeping due to low oil. Now the oil is full but can't get the light to stop
Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.

Is it flashing and also beeping with the key on and engine off, or with the key on and engine running?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Off and on i think.
Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.

Are you positive, because it makes a difference and can mean 2 different things.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Is this another 26 dollars
Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.

I'm sorry I do not understand, is what another 26 dollars?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The light needs to be reset
Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.

I have to know exactly what the light is doing, it may or my not be able to be reset, you could actually be having an engine problem.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We're done here . I'm not liking where this is going
Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.

Can you go and double check and tell me exactly what the light is doing. There is an oil change reminder system on the engine that will cause the oil light to flash and cause a beep with the engine off but key on. And then there is a low oil pressure sensor on the engine, and if you have low oil pressure, that will cause a flash and a beep with the engine running. It's 2 different things. Which one is your engine doing?