Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.

Boat died while on the water at 3000 rpm now no spark, No

Customer Question

Boat died while on the water at 3000 rpm now no spark
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: No spark won't start
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: No
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Hi Sean, good morning my name is Jason.

All Mercruisers are cataloged by serial number, can I start by getting that number.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
0k163436 I'm getting some spark out of coil wire ,but none at spark plug
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Got it. If you are getting spark out of the coil wire but one at the plugs that typically means the cap and rotor are burnt up. When was the last time it had a new cap and rotor installed, and when was the last time it had a full tune up, which would include the cap, rotor, plugs, plug wires, and all the filters?

Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Hi Sean, it looks like you read my reply and logged off. I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you

Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Hi Sean, just checking in. How are you making out?