Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

Water in the oil first time 35days ago pressure tested oil

Customer Question

Water in the oil first time 35days ago pressure tested oil cooler good 35days later water in oil bubbles in header tank put new oil in motor ran for 1hor oil still clean
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

As you may be aware changing the oil is not going to fix that problem. You will need to first check if your engine is raw water cooled or only raw water for the exhaust and coolant with a heat exchanger, this will then say which way to further proceed be it checking oil cooler, exhaust or if raw water cooled you will be still checking exhaust as well as head, compression etc. I believe this engine uses a heat exchanger is this application. Check coolant/heat exchanger for oil if no residue is found then it may not be oil cooler or sometimes a water pump bolt that passes through into oil passage and be more towards exhaust or head/gasket.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.