Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Boat runs great when under power but if you idle very it

Customer Question

boat runs great when under power but if you idle very long it shuts off and is hard to start back up or it takes a hour to get to stark back up
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: have a 2005 taho q4 with a 4.3 litre mercruiser had carb rebuilt but still quites running if prolonged idling this takes 30 t0 40 minutes to get it to start again it runs out great but something causes it to quite at idle
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

When was the last time the engine had a full and complete tune up? That would consist of a new cap, rotor, plugs, plug wires and all the filters.

Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

It looks like you read my response and logged off without replying back, did you still need help with this?