Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Help I am having difficulty getting my power tilt trim to

Customer Question

Help I am having difficulty getting my power tilt trim to take a fill of new fluid I have opened the bottom screw to let air out but the pump dose not pull in the new fluid when I push up button and fill resivoir with a angle host what is proper procedure to refill snd bleed once all old fluid is removed ? please help me this is a 115 hp 4 stroke yamaha with 3 cylinders thanks Paul nevada
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** bottom screw is not a vent screw is the manual tilr release screw. The correct way to add fluid it to tilt the motor to the full up position. Then fill the reservoir with fluid till flows out fill hole. Replace plug run the trim down then back up. Run through the cycle a couple of times. Then tilt motor all the way up and check fluid level again. Add fluid if needed.

Now if you can't tilt the motor up you open the bottom screw 3-4 turns CCW raise motor by hand with help of a friend. Once engine is tilted all the way yo tighten screw.

Do you follow this procedure?