Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

We have a 200 HP Yamaha 2 stroke outboard engine. Starts

Customer Question

We have a 200 HP Yamaha 2 stroke outboard engine. Starts great. Runs for a short time (not long enough for engine to get hot) engine dies and won't restart. Doesn't sputter. Acts like it ran out of gas. May start back up the n 1/2 hour or may not start up again till next day. Example: going to launch to put on trailer. Less than a mile. Waiting for other boats to launch. In idle. Engine dies. Won't start back up. Another boat tows me to dock. Ready to walk boat onto trailer. Tried 1 last time while lining it up and it starts back. Have replaced fuel pump, filter, changed position of bulb from sideways to up and down. Did the last and it ran several trips, went out 23 miles w/ no problems. Then it happened again while putting on trailer. I tried squeezing the bulb. No help. Can it be the relay switch or a gas problem?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

What is the model number on this engine?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks for responding but we fixed the problem ourselves
Can you please refund the charge