Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

Third cylinder piston has hole burned in it twice, what

Customer Question

third cylinder piston has hole burned in it twice, what could be causing this?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: the third piston has been professionally replaced twice and it has a hole in it again. the other two pistons are always fine
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: not that I can think of
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

Could I get the make, model and serial number of the engine you are working on please?

So they didn't find what caused the hole in the piston but gave you the motor anyway? Now they have done this 3 times and it hasn't dawned on them to find the problem? I think you need to find a new mechanic.

I have never sent a motor out without finding what caused the problem in the first place.