Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.

90hp 4 stroke - 2006 We are looking for the oil sensor. The

Customer Question

90hp 4 stroke - 2006 We are looking for the oil sensor. The boat says no oil and there is plenty in it. The boat will not crank
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: I had the start/solenoid replaced with the correct Honda part earlier this season. Not sure if that has anything to do with it
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: Just when you start the no oil light comes on and prevents cranking
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

The oil sensor on this engine is part 11 in this diagram. It is for pressure and not level. If there is not any oil pressure there when tested with a gauge installed into this port, then do not run the engine until the problem can be resolved.