Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.

I havea 4cy volvo pentra drive 4 cyliner,, takes awhile to

Customer Question

i havea 4cy volvo pentra drive 4 cyliner,, takes awhile to plane out , its a good boat heve, heavy 20', takes up to 3300rpms then plains, onces it planescandrop to 2,000rpms and open to 4500,the cooing system is contained, boat hits 185degrees ferinheight, but stats to raise if i flusch systen and mmove motor pin in closer to hull,, what sugestions you haveto help plane it, and help cooll it
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
would a hydo fin monted to motor i understandita20' renken seats 8
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Good morning, my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

What does the engine make for rpms when the boat is at full speed?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
george,4500 rpms, but temperature rises to over 185, this has seystem with anti freeze put 165 thermostat but still seems to be getting hot hard to tell with electric gauge, want to flush system good, should i take exhaust manifold of also, boat sat a while put most new seals and redid oil cooler, any other recamendations
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Hi George. The first thing that needs to be done is changing out the impeller in the seawater pump. Has that been done yet?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
changed impeller, hoses from sterndrive to motor hose inback of motor and all new rubbers from pump to oil cooler, im a motorcycle mechanic over 40 years have my own shop new to boating
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

The exhaust manifold, and outlet, should always run cooler than engine temperature, not hotter or even. What you want to do is run the engine and then see if the manifold is hotter or colder than the engine. If it's hotter, then it's going to be clogged up with rust. Does that make sense?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
had issue with cooler leaking oil in exhaust, tried to clean but still seems to have oil in seystem, haveto use a tub with water overflowing because the way the pent takes water in, tried hose but noticed hole in very bottom is an intake also
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you