Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

My husband has a yamaha F60TLR that keeps fouling all 4

Customer Question

hi jason, my husband has a yamaha F60TLR that keeps fouling all 4 plugs. it is a 4 stroke. only has 4 hours on it but is a 06 engine so it sat many years. had injectors cleaned but didn't help matter. can you help?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

Good morning, my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

Which spark plugs are installed in the engine?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am using NGK DPR6EB-9. My name is Ty
Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

Hi Ty,

Got it, those are the correct plugs. Next question, is the engine actually heating up? If you pull the engine cover off and run the boat for a bit, and then touch the top of the cylinder head, is it nice and warm, about 160F, or is it running on the cool side?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
been doing some testing this afternoon and I took out the thermostat and put in a pan of water on the stove and she opened up at 120*
Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

Do you have an Infra red temp gun to take the engines actual temperature? (if not, can you get one, they are not terribly expensive)