jetskigreg
jetskigreg,
59690673

I have a 2013 RXT260. The round rubber covers for the

Customer Question

I have a 2013 RXT260. The round rubber covers for the start/stop switch (left handle bar) and for the Cruise switch (right handle bar) are badly deteriorated. It appears that I cannot replace just the round rubber covers, but have to replace both switches. Is the correct part number###-##-#### And can you tell me how to open the handle bar to get access to replace the switch?
Category: Boat
Expert:  jetskigreg replied 3 months ago.

Call pro marine or promarineusa dot com you can buy just the switch covers most of them have 2 screws you take apart and button comes out you dont need the switches just the button covers

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for the info. It turns out that on later models (like my 2013) there are no screws visible. I learned from a local mechanic that the housings are opened by simple inserting a thin screwdriver or putty knife (I used the putty knife -- less likely to damage the plastic cover) and prying the housing open. Once opened, installing the button(s) is a breeze. Thanks for the help. I've learned that I should have put my question into the "boat" category for quicker response.

Thanks again.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I had difficulty giving you a good rating. I contacted customer service and their answer included this instruction:Upon checking your account, it appears that your Expert used Info Request instead of Answer. Kindly ask your Expert to post a reply using Answer button so you can rate his answer.
Thanks,