Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I have a Yamaha AR230 jet boat (2005) High Output. Recently

Customer Question

I have a Yamaha AR230 jet boat (2005) High Output. Recently launched it for first time this year and took in water under engines and sump pump could not keep up. Is there any kind of valve that could be stuck open/
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Expert:  Charles replied 9 months ago.

There are a few different drain hoses that exit the rear of the boat that could have become dislodged from their fittings. Only a close inspection of the fitting from the outside and the inside will tell you witch is it. Most of the time, water getting into a hull is from a leaking or nit installed bilge plug.

http://www.yamahapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/yam/50039ef2f870021f60a11603/deck-drain-fittings