Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.

What do you know about a 2005 140 HP 4 stroke. Is it a 6 cyl

Customer Question

what do you know about a 2005 Johnson 140 HP 4 stroke. Is it a 6 cyl or 4 cyl . Is it fuel injected? Is it a good engine.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

The engine is a 4 cylinder, and it is fuel injected which means it will be turn key start, just like your car. The engines are very good and very reliable engines assuming it has been taken care of. The engine is actually made for Johnson by Suzuki. The only difference between this engine and a Suzuki DF140 is the color of the paint.

Did you have any further questions on the engine?

Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen, you might have to scroll up if you can not see it. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you

Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

It looks like you read my answer without replying back or putting through a rating for me. Please keep in mind the website did charge you to speak with me, but they will hold your money and not credit me for helping you out if no rating is put through. If you have a problem with the ratings box or can not see it please let me know.