Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.

My 1994 wave raider RA700S had no spark (stater charge coil

Customer Question

My 1994 wave raider RA700S had no spark (stater charge coil was bad) replaced stator assy. Started up fine but will not go faster than 5 - 6mph max. It ran fine prior to the no spark problem. Rechecked all conections . It looks like the the high speed jets are ok. Passed spark test 3/8 on a inch. New plugs also. It acts like something is limiting the rpms. I just installed a new CDI .........same problem????
Category: Boat
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is*****'ll be happy to assist with your question today.

If the rpm is limited then the carbs may need cleaned out or adjusted.

Try that first and let me know if it works?

Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page if my answer helped so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
Otherwise please reply back if you need further assistance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I did take the high speed jet out and clean them. When it is on the trailer I can see the the spray carb cleaner coming out in the carbs. When I run it both carbs have gas coming from the high speed jets and they both look like the same amount, and hits the throttle plates, the engine revs up to maybe 1/4 of max speed than it will not increase in rpm maybe even slows alittle. Is there any electronics on it that limits the rpms? I fine it odd that it worked fine than no spark, replaced stator than have a different problem at the same time?
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

If the stator has been replaced and the carbs are clean then I am out of ideas.. let me check with the other techs....

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks but dont. I do appreciate your honesty, but Im going to ask for a refund