Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine Technician
Experience:  Advanced technical diploma

We have a 1999 SeRay 210 with a 5.0 TBI alpha 1, the alarm

Customer Question

We have a 1999 SeRay 210 with a 5.0 TBI alpha 1 , the alarm beeps every 3 seconds. We checked all fluid levels, gauges, oil pressure was over 40psi, engine temp was at 170. Took remote resevior off, cleaned. Float is working. Refilled stern drive and resevior to full. Turn key to accessory still beeps every 3 seconds. One thing I noticed when this happened at the lake it he voltage meter was pegged out.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: It ran perfect until I made a sharp left turn, noticed there was a little bit of water in the engine bay under motor.
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It still runs okay. Took lower stern off, checked impeller and it looked to be in good shape. Disconnected batteries and reconnected hoping it would reset.
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Normally that alarm is due to either low battery voltage or low fuel pressure. If the engine is running properly and the you said the volt meter is pegging out then most probably it is either the alternator that is not charging properly or a loose connection in the battery cables. Start by checking the battery cables and if it persists you need to get the alternator checked out.

If you still require assistance let me know.