Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.

2008 MER 25HP 4 stroke lost spark. voltage comming into

Customer Question

2008 MER 25HP 4 stroke lost spark. voltage comming into coils is less than 1 volt. voltage into injectors is just over 1 volt. how to test if pickup is bad or ecu?
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
two pickups on side of balancer. two wire pickup ohms at 200 ohms. single wire pickup 377 megs to ground
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
never mind phone call. email is the best way
Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

first thing to look at is the kill switch on the engine. Make sure that it is in the full up and on position. then you will need to do a cranking test of the voltage coming from the stator. This is what provides the voltage for the engine to run on. If you are getting good voltage from it, it will be the ECU, which is a very rare failure for this engine.