Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I have a 2015 Triton with a 115 optimax that recently

Customer Question

I have a 2015 Triton with a 115 optimax that recently started sounding six beeps about 20 seconds after the key is turned to the on position and then again after the engine is turned on. I don't see anything written that mentions this symptom.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Expert:  Charles replied 5 months ago.

the two main causes for the 6 beep alarm are either water in the fuel or w oil in the tank. Make sure that the oil tank is full. then remove the small rubber hose that is mounted to the bottom of the VST on the left side of the engine. Only remove it from the rear nipple. Then open the drain screw on the front chamber. Catch the fuel into a jar and allow it to settle. If there is water in it, there will be two layers in the jar. If so, you will need to pump the water out of the fuel tank.