RSRBOB, Technician
Experience:  Former Yamaha Factory Service Rep, Dlr Line Tech, Serv Mgr, G/M

Just had the carbs. rebuilt last week on my wave venture

Customer Question

Just had the carbs. rebuilt last week on my wave venture 1100,took it out for awhile (no problems) got home to flush it,water seemed hot from the pee hole,should I be worried?
Category: Boat
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 2 months ago.

Hi and thank you for the question.

Is the engine getting hot? Typically on a flush kit the engine, especially the cylinder head, is quite cool. You should be able to touch the head and leave your hand there with no fear of burning.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I use this jetski for fishing and rarely go over 20 mpnh,and never more than 20 minutes at a time.the exhaust in the rear compartment was about as hot,both were not hot enough to burn my hand,maybe its just me!Going out again in the morning I'll touch the head when I get back and let you know...Thanks
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 2 months ago.

The water lock box gets HOT. It is more important that the engine, IE cylinder head, doesn't get hot.If you check while riding, the head will be very warm, but not burn you when you touch it. The safest way to test is to sprinkle water on it, to make sure it doesn't sizzle off, before you touch it with your fingers. If you were riding it and the water out the tell tale hole was hot, it is not a concern, that would be typical.

Expert:  RSRBOB replied 2 months ago.

Were you able to gather any more data on this? Is the cylinder head getting too hot? If you drip water on it, does it sizzle and boil off? If it does, it is definitely getting too hot.

Let me know where you are at on this.