Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Alarm at WOT, goes into limp mode when back to idle speed,

Customer Question

Alarm at WOT, goes into limp mode when back to idle speed
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Will have a good idle for around 10 minutes then will start shuttering acting like it is choking and sometimes it will increase rpg and run fun for a couple minutes and start the process over until if finally shuts off. Will crank right back up and start the whole process over after 10 or so minutes. Will run fine around 4000 rpg and when going into WOT it will have a constant alarm as if the oil pressure sensor is bad. New low pressure fuel pump, cleaned set and orange the pump inserts into on the top is not split and fuel is clean. Checked the pressure at the set with 60lbs of pressure coming out. Have removed all lines and made sure there was no blockage and replaced all filters. Ran seafood through it with no change. Fuel line is good from tank to injector assembly.
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: 4 stroke
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
2006 mercury 50 4 stroke
Expert:  Charles replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Expert:  Charles replied 9 months ago.

Has the electric fuel pump been replaced on the engine the fuel pressure seems a bit high. Normal pressure is at 34-36 PSI.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No it has not. The low pressure pump and stator have been replaced and have to put another stator on tomorrow from a deep cell battery.
Expert:  Charles replied 9 months ago.

Are you losing spark or not charging the battery? The stator does not normally go out on this engine?