Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.

I have a sea ray 270 as i was

Customer Question

i have a sea ray 270 as i was trying to get on plane....the boat was at a high degree up angle and started to soon as i throttled down it stopped beeping...thought maybe it might have been some water in the mid cabin bilge that triggered beeping?
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: i have water in my mid cabin bilge...must be either from rain leaking or a leak in the fresh water tank as the boat is on lift
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Ensure that the windshield on the boat is still secured well and sealed tight to the hull. As the boats age, they can become loosened and then will start to leak down the inside of the hull to fill the mid bilge. If it was fresh water from your tank, you would notice the level on the tank going down.