Jeff G.
Jeff G., Marine Mechanic
Experience:  42 years experience, Certified Master Technician, All Major Outboards, Sterndrives, Hi-Performance

I have a Wellcraft 22' Elite that is an IO and built in

Customer Question

I have a Wellcraft 22' Elite that is an IO and built in 1989. Then instrument panel is falling apart and most of the indicators like the tachometer, fuel level indicator, and the engine tilt indicator no longer work. We were the only owners and the boat is in mint condition. Can I purchase an entire new or used instrument panel for this boat? Thank you, *****
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jeff G. replied 2 months ago.

Sure, kind of. There are a few economical ways.

First you may be able to find a good used panel on under boat and motor accessories.

Some dealers specialize in new old stock panels. While you may not find the exact panel you may find one to fit. For example try; or

Next there are some manufacturers of generic panels custom to your boat; or or

Some of the gauge manufacturers make complete gauge kits with all the gauges in various styles. You aren't limited to what you already have so shop around here.

If you are handy and have woodworking tools you can make your own panel out of aluminum or ABS plastic sheets. Lexan is also used.

Finding the exact new old stock panel may be difficult so any of these options should give you what you want. Keep in mind most of the gauges used were actually generic gauges used by many manufacturers, or can be replaced by generic gauges.

Hope this helps and if you have any further questions let me know.