Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

Just bought a boat w/2012 df 175 cranks runs fine @ low rpm

Customer Question

Just bought a boat w/2012 df 175 cranks runs fine @ low rpm but when I give throttle it surges bad
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

I read what you wrote. I don't know what you know about outboards, or what you may or may not have tried on your own yet, what kinds of questions did you have for me?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I just purchased a boat w/ Suzuki dr 175 it cranks idles and runs @ low rpm fine. When I try to accelerate it bogs down and surges.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
All I know to do is change the water separator and maybe add some injector cleaner is there any other fuel filter on the motor to replace and is staving for fuel seem o be the issue
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Hi Jeff, good morning and sorry for the delay. We all do this on the side. When you replied back last night I was already off to bed.

What is the story on this engine, have you ever personally seen it run correctly or was it this way when you bought it? How old is the fuel in the tank?