Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

My 4HP 4Stroke Yamaha races at idle but if I force the

Customer Question

My 4HP 4Stroke Yamaha races at idle but if I force the throttle all the way, it dies
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: recently cleaned the carb, changed the fuel filter and replaced the fuel with fresh
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: the screw slot on the main jet got a little messed up when removing it
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

I read what you wrote. What is the model number on this engine, and what kinds of questions did you have?