Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.

I have a 2015 90hp command thrust,the trim works both on the

Customer Question

I have a 2015 90hp command thrust,the trim works both on the motor & the throttle lever, both in the up & down motion fine ,its not until I get moving then I cant trim back down, until I come to a stop again ,Ive moved the motor up & down a few times while the boat was stationary & it went away, but shortly after it re appeared ,could there be a oil lock in the pump in some way that stops the trim from going down while in motion ? your info would be appreciated ,thanks Kevin
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

There is no lock in the pump, but there could be air in your system or the system is low on fluid. With the boat out of the water, trim it fully up then slowly remove the cap on the trim. You should see fluid come out slightly when you get the cap off. If there is not, add Mercury trim fluid to the system. If that does not correct the issue, you will need to take it in for warranty work.