Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I have a 2012 Yamaha wave runner VXS, just turned 100 hrs, I

Customer Question

Good morning Pearl, I have a 2012 Yamaha wave runner VXS, just turned 100 hrs, I bought new, been well maintained, never in salt water, climate controlled storage every winter. riding it the other day, just quit, turns over but want fire, I am getting fire to all plugs, removed fuel pump it works fine, checked the codes on the dash, it reads 01 (everything normal), no warning lights have appeared , after researching I found that I am getting fire to the pos side of the plug that connects to the fuel pump, but when we put a test light the neg side of the plug is not connecting, when we run a lead from the neg side of the battery to the fuel pump it will work! its like the neg line has a break but I know it does not! I checked the roll sensor, its not the problem. is there any chance Kenny has heard of this issue.
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: I'm not sure, I don't think so
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have paid , I am getting no response!
Expert:  Charles replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Expert:  Charles replied 4 months ago.

First check to make sure that you did not blow a fuse on the engine. Then inspect the pins that are on the plug for the ECU. that is where the ground is controlled from. Make sure there is also no breaks in the harness leading up to the pump. You may have a failed fuel pump driver inside the ECU.