Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.

My 4.3 tks will not start, My 4.3 tks won't turn over. I

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: My 4.3 tks will not start
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: My 4.3 tks won't turn over. I found a broken black cable that connects to the back of the starting motor. I reattached this and it still won't start. It was working fine 3 hours ago
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: Not really. Was working fine a few hours ago. Just went to start it and it won't turn over. Opened the engine and found the broken black cable. Reconnected it and it still won't start. All other electrical stuff work fine.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Ensure that you have voltage going to the engine at the solenoid at the starter. There is also a 90A fuse there, along with the 50A on the top of the engine. If you are not getting at least 10V to the engine, and you do have 12V at the battery, replace the battery cables.