Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

I have 2001 50hp Mercury Bigfoot. All 4 so were replace

Customer Question

I have 2001 50hp Mercury Bigfoot. All 4 carburetor so were replace before last summer. It ran fine but I only put about 10 hours on it last year. When I put it in water this summer, it idled fine but as soon as I put it in gear. It starts to rumble and this increases with speed. There has also been some trouble with it coming out of gear and switching gears
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: Anybody home???
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Have you checked the gear oil on the engine yet?