Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I have a Yamaha 8SF. While using it yesterday the cooling

Customer Question

I have a Yamaha 8SF. While using it yesterday the cooling water quit working. I took out the impeller and it appears to be fine. There is no blockage at the intake. I reassembled and again no water flow. Any ideas? This sat for several years and was only the second time out. Salt water.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

If the impeller is more that 2 yrs old it should be replaced regardless of how it looks. Since the engine has been sitting, remove the thermostat and make sure that it is not clogged, if it is, you have an internal blockage in the block. You can try a product called Salt A way to see if you can get it cleared up.