Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.

I replaced a Westerbeke 8.0 BCDT generator with a Westerbeke

Customer Question

I replaced a Westerbeke 8.0 BCDT generator with a Westerbeke 8.0 BTDA generator and the control panel is half the size of the control panel of the previous unit. What would you suggest I use to cover the 3x3 1/2 inch hole? Thank you. Mike Fritz
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

A product such as the one in the link would be used to patch up the hole. you can cut it to fit just a but bigger then screw it into place.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Charles,
I found a solution much sooner than your response. We requested help last Sunday and by this Thursday, we were all set. Thank you anyway.
Regards, Mike
Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Your welcome Mike. It has been a crazy week here on the site. Seems that boats are breaking down all over the world.