Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

On the 470 inboard with the velvat drive, were do you conect

Customer Question

on the 470 inboard with the velvat drive, were do you conect the trans. coolant hoses john
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: put a new rebuilt engine in the boat, and have hooked up all hoses but the
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: put a new rebuilt 3.7 470 engine and valvet drive. do not know were to put the trans. coolant hoses with the 12 inch round tank , were do the hook up.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

Here is a pic where the oil cooler hoses attach. Then the oil cooler goes in the water supply line before the water pump.http://www.grantmaclaren.com/72skier/transmission/topview.jpg

Is this the info you were looking for?

Expert:  Tan replied 4 months ago.

Hello John. Do you need the location of the oil cooler for the engine location?